As your bank, we realize that caring for your physical health is just as important as caring for your financial health. We care about your health and want to help you maintain your wellness. A simple and effective way to do this is through daily stretching!
Incorporating a regular stretching routine can help alleviate stiffness, improve circulation, and reduce the risk of musculoskeletal issues. Here’s a simple stretching routine to practice every day.
- Always warm up a little before starting stretches. You can do some light marching or arm circles.
- Move into each stretch slowly and gently, and never push yourself to the point of pain.
- Hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds and repeat 2-3 times on each side.
- Breathe deeply and consistently during each stretch.
1. Neck Stretches:
- Gently tilt your head to the right, bringing your right ear towards your right shoulder. Hold.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Gently tilt your head forward, chin towards your chest, to stretch the back of your neck.
2. Shoulder and Upper Back Stretch:
- Clasp your hands in front of you, palms facing out.
- Round your upper back, pushing your hands away and feeling a stretch between your shoulder blades.
3. Chest Opener:
- Clasp your hands behind your back or hold onto a sturdy surface.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and lift your chest, feeling a stretch in the front of your shoulders and chest.
4. Seated Spinal Twist:
- Sit tall in your chair and twist your upper body to the right, holding the back of your chair with your left hand and the armrest with your right hand.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
5. Seated Hamstring Stretch:
- Sit on the edge of your chair and extend one leg straight out with your heel on the floor.
- Hinge forward slightly from your hips until you feel a gentle stretch in the back of your thigh.
- Repeat with the other leg.
6. Hip Flexor Stretch:
- Stand beside your chair and place one foot on the seat, keeping your knee bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Gently push your hips forward to feel a stretch in the front of your hip.
- Repeat with the other leg.
7. Wrist and Forearm Stretch:
- Extend one arm in front of you, palm facing down. Use the other hand to gently pull your fingers back.
- Repeat with the palm facing up.
8. Ankle Circles:
- Lift one foot slightly off the ground and make gentle circles with your ankle, both clockwise and counterclockwise.
- Repeat with the other foot.
Remember that consistency is key. Try to perform this stretching routine at least once or twice during your workday. Additionally, incorporating short walks and standing breaks can further enhance your physical wellness while working in an office setting. If you have any existing health conditions or concerns, it’s a good idea to consult a healthcare professional before starting a new stretching routine.