Technology has become a main staple in our everyday lives and has also played a vital role in revolutionizing every industry including education. With school back in full swing, students have access to a number of devices both in and out of the classroom. Whether it’s doing homework on a laptop, accessing textbooks through a tablet, or using a smartphone to stay in touch for group projects, technology is a necessary tool for students to navigate their education.
Regardless of how students are connecting to the internet, it is important to take precautions that can help them stay safe. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has put together the following resources on cyber safety and cyber education for students:
- Stop. Think. Connect. Toolkit
- Stay Safe Online
- Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
- Keeping Children Safe Online
- Rethink Cyber Safety Rules and the “Tech Talk” With Your Teens
- Concerned Parent’s Internet Safety Toolbox
For additional cybersecurity tips and resources, check out our Cyber Security Resources page.