The Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Relief Program is now available to businesses in Minnesota and North Dakota that have been impacted by COVID-19. The program is available to any small business, small agriculture cooperatives, and private non-profit organizations that have suffered substantial economic injury due to COVID-19. SBA has defined “substantial economic injury” to mean the business is unable to meet its obligations and to pay its ordinary and necessary operating expenses.
While borrowers must apply directly through the SBA for these loans, we’ve created a page on our website dedicated to what you need to know and how to apply. You can access it here.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU APPLY
Please note that borrowers must apply for this loan program directly with the SBA. If you are not able to complete this application on your own, contact the Choice Bank SBA department for assistance. Here is what you need to know about the application process:
- We strongly encourage you to follow the steps below to be best prepared for the application process:
- Download the SBA Application forms from our website, here.
- There is no need to complete the forms, simply use them as a guide as to what will be requested on the electronic online application.
- We DO NOT RECOMMEND submitting a paper form of the application, as paper applications require transcription by the SBA and will take significantly longer to process.
- If you have questions during the application process, contact us!
- SBA will not process any of your application until 100% of your application is submitted.
- Due to the high volume of traffic, there will be delays and systems issues. Save your application often in case the system crashes.
- Use peak hours to gather information and apply during non-peak hours if possible (6 PM – 6 AM CT).
If you have any questions, please contact our SBA team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 763.398.3333.